A disgruntled twentysomething waxes poetic on her many travels aboard Tdot's very own public transportation system, the TTC.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Is That The Poo of A Rat?

I'm sitting and minding my own business, finishing off a delicious cup of strawberry froyo from Yogen Fruz when I spot a nugget of shit. Its sitting under the seat of the person in front of me. Now the lighting in a subway car ain't great and further more it was in the shadow of the seat, but even from a few feet away I could tell it was rodent excrement. A variety of possibilities went through my mind first. A chocolate almond? A kalamata olive? One of those soft things that covers the earbud piece of a headphone? It was none of them. I craned my neck and squinted, but stopped when I realized it looked like I was focusing on the man's crotch who was seated across from me. For the record I wasn't. I guess it could have been a chewed off piece of one of those candy cigars, you know? The black licorice ones? But I'm pretty certain is was mice droppings... I almost wanted to take my spoon from my now finished yoghurt and carefully lift the specimen into my cup for a more careful exploration, but I thought that might be odd and slightly disgusting. So I just stared at it for the remainder of the ride home and imagined some innocent person (most likely in flip flops) tucking their feet under the seat and being surprised by the smelly brown mystery smear that encrusted under their toenail.

No comments:

Post a Comment