A disgruntled twentysomething waxes poetic on her many travels aboard Tdot's very own public transportation system, the TTC.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

manners n. social deployment, the prevailing customs, social conduct, and norms of a specific society

Hi there. You don’t know me, but I have an important question for you! Did you happen to pay a double fare when you entered the TTC today? You know, at the ticket booth, upstairs? I mean, did you happen to pay $6 instead of $3? No, you say! Then WHY THE HELL IS YOUR PURSE TAKING UP AN ENTIRE SEAT? Yes, that’s right, I would like to sit down. I’m sorry that you have to hold your purse on your lap or rest it between your feet on the floor.

Hi there. I don’t think we’ve met. Would you mind MOVING THE FUCK OVER? Because you’re blocking an entire seat. Yes, that one. The one right beside you. Its empty. See that? Yes, I know its a bit tight; a bit claustrophobic, but I can manage. Your legs are long? Oh I see.

Hi there. Sorry to interrupt, but I was just wondering if you realized YOU’RE BLOCKING THE ENTRY WAY TO THE SUBWAY AND PEOPLE CAN GET NEITHER ON OR OFF BECAUSE OF YOU.

Hi there. How are you today? That’s wonderful! Did you know that your giant Tna bowling bag just AGGRESSIVELY TACKLED ME AND YOU KNOCKED ME INTO ABOUT TEN OTHER PASSENGERS when you turned just now? You hadn’t realized? Okay. Well you did. Be self-aware. Thank you.

Hi there. Nice day today, isn’t it? Do you mind if someone else makes use of this pole that is specifically here for people to hold on to for balance? Mmmhmm. That one there. Yup. THE ONE YOU’RE LEANING AGAINST WITH YOUR ENTIRE PERSON. You see, if you step away from it and hold on with your hand as you’re meant to, other people can actually position their hands above and below yours so as to also make use of such a useful safety rail. Its called sharing. Its a a little thing I learned about in kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment